....is what i tell myself when i'm running! I was really ambitious a few months back and signed myself up for a
full marathon in Sacramento December 5th. I thought, hmmm...I should try to qualify for the
Boston Marathon, then I can finally go to Boston! Maybe I should have just planned a Boston trip....hah...well, the truth is I actually
DO like running for some strange reason. I can't quite figure out why. My friend told me the other day that he couldn't figure out why I would
pay to torture myself for 3-4 hours. The only thing I could say was, well it makes me feel good about myself. He said I should just treat myself to a dinner and a movie. Though I do like taking myself out on dates, a marathon is a bit different. I feel good because I accomplished something I worked towards. There's soooo much time and training that goes into this, so when it's achieved, it's a great feeling.
Anyway, I realized I'm
waaaaaay behind on my training! I've been training for the Big Sur 1/2 Marathon that's in mid-November, but realized I should be doing more miles. So this week I tried to boost my runs up a bit. Tuesday I did 13.5 miles. Wednesday speed work with Team Club Sport. Thursday rest and swim. Friday 15 miles. Saturday 10 miles. Aaaand I'm exhausted! But, not as bad as I thought! I remember how sore I was after last years 1/2 (granted it was in SF with rolling hills the whole time), but even after 15 miles, I'm not too bad! So, next week I will try to go
16-18 miles. Hopefully I can do it!
Before our run today. So cold!
Priscilla, me, Jordan
2 comments:
You're crazy! But I love it! I wish you lived out here because I need someone to run with, or at least help me love it like you! I'm still waiting for your DI outfit pics!
kiiiiim! we can run for christmas! maybe we can even find a little 5k or 10k race! hehe
so i'm slacking big time on the DI clothes...maybe i will work on some tonight! i haven't even done anything yet! ahhhh! k, promise to post AT LEAST 1 finished garment on here this week. ;-) looooove you and can't wait to seeee you soooooon!!!
Post a Comment