Tuesday, March 29, 2011

this is why i was a hermet crab for the last 10 weeks...


it was because it was my LAST quarter at FIDM. Insane! It seriously feels like I just started. Time flies! I feel like it just gets faster and faster the older you get! I definitely had such an amazing time going to FIDM and really value my time there. Even though I didn't get a lot of sleep, spent all my extra cash at fabric stores, printing at kinkos and staples, energy drinks, BART tickets (I don't even want to know how much I ended spending), and I'm pretty sure I have back/neck issues due to a combination of sleeping in weird positions on BART and lugging my ginormous FIDM bag around. 

I miss it all dearly though! SO glad I decided to go there. I thought I would have a huge feeling of relief when I finished (which I did) but I was also so sad leaving school that last day! i almost cried. instead, i came home, took a 3-hour nap, and when I woke up, I wanted to keep working on my portfolio! hah! I'm addicted. But seriously, it's nice to just feel free and not have to have the pressure of deadlines, etc. I have caught up on a lot of sleep and have enjoyed not thinking about school work every free moment I have! I have also been working a lot more which is great! tri-training also started this week and so that'll surely keep me busy. jimmy--it's in june. i hope you are done with classes by then. or wait, actually it's close to sacramento so you can STILL come and be my number one fan/supported, with butters of course! ;-) I also plan on opening an Etsy shop! Stay tuned for that....

anyways homies there are still a few things i want to change with my portfolio but here it is as of now! i designed 2 lines of clothing for 2 different brands. i chose kate spade and crewcuts. i had so much fun doing it! kate spade is still my idol! ;-)































5 comments:

laura said...

That looks awesome! Good work!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! And your portfolio looks AMAZING! Nice work ;)

zoidberg said...

wait, you went to design school and didn't design any scarfs or Christmas CARDS? haha, jk. great job!

christy said...

thank you thank you! and jimmy, i am a complete failure! i will get right on with the scarfs and christmas CARDS! zaozao will be so proud! hehehe

Pam said...

Great job Christy! I think the Portfolio is awesome!!