Sunday, January 3, 2010

new year, new things...like a blog!

Well, I gave in a created a blog! I figure this will make up for my slack on journal writing. We'll see how this goes!


2009 was a great year with the usual ups and downs, but overall fabulous. I finished off my mission in March. Came home and had to start making some life decisions! (not very fun!) I studied during the summer and became a certified personal trainer and am currently doing that at Club Sport. I participated in a 1/2 marathon training group and ran my first 1/2 marathon in San Francisco and did really well! I plan on doing more this year--1/2's, full, and also triathalons! I'm excited.







I also have decided to fulfill one of my life dreams--I'm going back to school, fashion school! Totally excited for it! This really has been a dream of mine for a very long time...it all started as soon as I was old enough to dress myself...I was pretty stubborn and wouldn’t let my mom dress me. She was embarrassed actually as she would drop me off at Tiny Tots and my hair would have a million multi-colored clips in it and my outfit also multi-colored and probably mismatched and looking like, as my older brother commented, Cindy Lauper. (In my defense, it was the 80s.) I wasn’t wearing perfect pigtails and a pink dress like all the other little girls. My mom would be going to the store and all my siblings would yell as she was going out the door, “Get me candy!” or “Buy me cookies!” However, I would say “Get me a purple pantsuit!” Taking me shopping was another chore for my mom as she’d often lose me in a rack of clothing, half-undressed trying stuff on. Maybe she thought my obsession with clothes was a phase, but it has lasted. As years went on I began doodling and designing clothes. I learned (kinda) how to sew and attempted to make clothes--sometimes successful, sometimes not ;-). But, nonetheless, fashion has always been an interest of mine. So, I am super syked to start school!


Anyway, I am grateful for this opportunity to do what I've always wanted to do. This is gonna be a good year...I know everyone says that at the beginning of the year and it seems that by the end they can't wait for the next year to come, but I think last year was great, and this year's gonna be great too! Well, here's my first blog entry. More to come!



2 comments:

zoidberg said...

Yay! Now we can blog at eachother instead of walking down the hall to talk.

christy said...

yes! so excited for this new-found relationship.