So as I am using this blog kind of like a journal, I have to write about my first official school day at FIDM! I LOVED it!!! I just felt so happy the whole day! I worked late Thursday night and was so excited for school the next day, I couldn't sleep right away! I woke up early to make sure I would get on BART ontime. So, I was pretty sleepy, but excited. As soon as I settled onto BART, turned my i-pod on, closed my eyes, I was out cold. The next thing I knew I woke up b/c they guy next to me got up. I thought we were at Embarcadero station and I almost didn't even look out the window to make sure because I was still in sleepy/groggy mode. Luckily I did and saw that it was Powell! I jumped off and ran off the train! I couldn't believe I was so close to missing my stop! How horrible and embarrassing would that have been! haha...anyway, I was still pretty groggy but went up to class. I made friends with some of the girls in my program during orientation and so it was nice to have familiar faces in class. I went to Textile Science first. Cory was joking about this class the day before and asked if we were going to put fabric in test tubes and burn them or something. We had a good laugh about that actually. I laughed out loud when my teacher informed us that we will be burning fabric! haha...I wish Cory had been there to join in on that moment.
My second class was Marketing and Brand Development. I enjoyed it but am a little worried about my instructor's monotone and soft spoken voice in a Friday afternoon class. I was getting pretty sleepy. It was good though. Tomorrow I have 2 classes--Product Development Fundamentals and Apparel Processes I. Exciting! I can tell I'm going to be super busy with homework and class and work, but it will be worth it! And it should be fun too. If it isn't fun, then I'm doing something wrong.
In other news, I finally got one of my clients to do a squat properly...still working on his wife to be able to do a crunch. In her mind, the surgery she had a year ago--a tummy tuck--is preventing her from doing too much exercise. hehehe...she's getting better though...slowly but surely. ;-)
4 comments:
burning fabrics sounds fun!
Yay, I can finally comment! It's nice to read up on what's going on.School sounds fun, good luck!
It is fun to read your blog...you are gone so much this way I can keep up on things!
your classes sound cool!
Post a Comment